Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 February 2016

E stands for Endings and Endearment.

As many of my friends on ABCW may know, my dear sister Norma passed away on the 28th December 2015.

She was suffering from the terrible affliction of Type 1 Diabetes incurring sight loss and eventually kidney and heart failure.  I just couldn't believe that my lovely 'big sister's' life had sadly Ended.

  All that I could think of was that my clever vivacious sister, of almost seventy years was no longer here. The last couple of times when we saw her she didn't recognise me, yet recognised Ian, she just stared at me blankly. At present my grief knows no bounds, grief is very much a subjective thing,

 I know my dear brother Clive is grieving but it's something we don't  yet seem  able to share.

 I can't bear to think of how she was when she was so poorly, so I have the image of the picture below, in my mind, when she was so  Endearingly lovely.

She was such a kind and supportive sister to Clive and I and looked after us a lot when Mum had  to work.

Norma Margaret Courtenay 1938-2015. RIP darling sister,

 It was Norma who encouraged us both to read and write, to speak properly also to appreciate great literature and recite poetry maybe she was meant to teach but she ended up working in a bank, and I followed her, into what was considered to be a good job, in those days!







This picture was taken when she was 24 years of age and just married to her darling husband Roy, who, sadly, passed away twelve years ago. They had a full and happy marriage, although they were not blessed with children, they had many pets including  four goats, two Labrador dogs and four cats.




My sincere thanks to the EXCEEDINGLY  talented Denise for devising abcw.

 Also my thanks to Roger for his  EXCEPTIONAL administrative skills in keeping this successful and interesting blog running smoothly!

Again not forgetting the team of workers who assist Roger by visiting and commenting on participating sites.



  









15 comments:

  1. Di, you know my heart has been with you these last couple of months in particular and I understand your grief. Having been through losing a spouse to death, I understand how the shock at first can get us through the "busy-ness" but it's when that is all done when the true grief sets in. It sounds as though you were very close, which makes it all the harder for you. But do know that the terrible grief you are now experiencing will ease off eventually and you will be able to remember Norma with smiles instead of tears. Sending big hugs!

    I'm SO looking forward to seeing you end of June! Say "HI" to Ian for me!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss Di.. i totaly can imagine why you've chosen these words for entering... i do wish you from the bottom of my heart all the strength you need to come at peace with such a great loss.


    ♫ M el ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you and I KNOW just how you feel, one of my younger sisters passed away on Thanksgiving at 64 years old. Your sister look was a beautiful woman and how wonderful she encouraged the reading and all the good things you can remember about her.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss and pain. What sweet memories of love and care you have of your sister. May God comfort you in your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di, big, big hugs with much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you a lot of strength and love from your friends. Thanks for your comments and support..
    Yes, I was a teacher in all subjects of the elementary school. I studied English and got a certificate in English and I am qualified to teach at high schools and other secondary schools. I also studied French and German when I was a student at a secondary school myself , but I can't teach these languages. Studying a language means a lot of reading in this language. My husband and I attended a course of Norwegian, which was great. We often went to Norway and tried to speak to the people we met. It was wonderful to be able to have a conversation with them
    Di, lots of love and comfort!
    Wil, ABCWTeam

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an honor and pleasure to meet your beautiful, talented and caring sister through your beautiful words. I can't imagine how hard it would be to loose a sibling, especially one whom you were so close too. Peace, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Losing a dear one is always painful more so when they have been your friend and guide alike. One can never come over these things so easily but then let her happy memories and beautiful face let you overcome the grief and move ahead with her thoughts and presence in your heart. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di - know that I am so very sorry about the loss of your beloved sister.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind comments,
    they mean a lot to me,

    Blessings,

    Di xx
    ABCW team,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just recently read this article
    What the sharing of grief is about is beyond me.
    I keep grief to myself wife and

    ReplyDelete
  12. ganga cassette is very nice it has a good content and religious content. It was pleasure to read it religion cassette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mulți oameni găsesc că pot face bani în plus prin completarea sondajelor. Există multe site-uri sondaj online, care vă va plăti pentru opiniile dumneavoastră. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete

I usually like to reply to your comments but for some reason when i do post a reply it just diappears, any advice would be most welcome,Thanks Di x

Random Z's